The National Exchange Club is a nonprofit corporation, organized and operated exclusively for educational purposes.
History of Exchange Club
The first Exchange Club was formed in Detroit, Michigan on March 27, 1911, by Charles A. Baxley and 12 of his friends and associates.
Community service soon become the focus of club, and in 1913, an Exchange Club was formed in Toledo, Ohio. Soon, there were Exchange Clubs in Cleveland and Grand Rapids, Michigan. Representatives of these clubs met back in Toledo in August of 1917, and formally incorporated the National Exchange Club as a nonprofit, educational organization.
"Unity for Service" is the officially adopted motto of Exchange, and our official colors are blue and gold.
The Exchange Club of Chambersburg
Organized in 1985, the Exchange Club of Chambersburg now has 46 members. With a strong focus on community service and fundraisers, the Exchange Club of Chambersburg offers community support primarily through the Parent-Child Center and Manito, centers for innovative learning.
The Exchange Club of Chambersburg is involved with many fundraisers and programs. We hold the Annual Comedy & Magic Spectacular, Annual Golf Tournament, Basket Bingo, and for the first time this year a Charity Auction is planned. These proceeds raised go to the Manito/ESCAPE Parent-Child Center, Back-to-School Shopping, a Holiday shopping event, and other various donations to local organizations whose mission aligns with our own.
The Exchange Club of Chambersburg Officers for the 2008-2009 Year
Jon Snavely, President
Kelly Witmer, Vice President
Lynn Rotz, Treasurer
Debra Brechbill, Secretary